Main Duties of Accessories and Trimmings Inspector in Apparel Industry
Trims and Accessories for Apparel or Clothing:
Trimmings and accessories are two important materials of an apparel or clothing. To achieve required quality apparel or clothing in ready-made apparel manufacturing industry it must be checked according to the buyer’s instruction. In readymade apparel industry, it is inspected by well-trained accessories inspector. This article has presented some key duties and responsibilities of trims & accessories Inspector.
Objects or Purpose of Trims and Accessories Inspection in Garments or Clothing Sector:
Trimmings and accessories inspector carrying out this inspection for the below purposes.
- To Control the apparel quality effectively.
- To ensure correct trim will be used in the apparel or clothing.
- To take corrective action as early as possible if there are any problem with accessories and trimmings.
Duties and Responsibility of Trimmings and Accessories Inspector in Clothing Industry:
A trims and accessories inspector must have to follow the below duties and responsibilities:
- He conducts inspection of the trims for quality and quantity.
- He conducts 10% inspection of the goods. In case of discrepancy he will conduct 100% inspection.
- If any critical defects found will be “ZERO TOLERANCE”, whole lot will be rejected.
- He will document the result of inspection and send them to the appropriate authority for onward submission to the supplier & buyer.
- Hang tags having barcodes printed on them must be checked properly.
- The trims have to be affixed on the bin card.
- All trims have to be checked using buyer approved light source D65, TL84, UV, CWF, FA, and UL3500.
- All reject trims must be kept in reject area and disposed of following the buyer recommended disposal process.
- After completing Brand labels inspection its must keep in confirm area with lock and key. Key must be handle store in charge only. If Store In-charge absent then Managing Director will nominate person can to handle the key.
- Every inspection record will be noted in register book accordingly. Responsible for trimmings & accessory inspection is Quality Inspector and in-charge.
Md. Omar Faruk
Executive–QA at Envoy Complex
(Manta Apparels Ltd. Envoy Fashions Ltd & Envoy Design Ltd.)
Mobile: +88 01722603058