Body Measurement | Garment Measurement | Apparel Measurement
Accurate garment measurement is one of the most important points for the right fitting of the apparel. The person who takes necessary measurements has to take extra precautions and also know some key parameters of garments measurement. Those points have significantly presented in this article.
Key Points of Garment Measurement:
There are some important key points which are pointed out in the below:
- Working area should be neat and clean.
- Measuring table should attune with the full length and width of apparel.
- Presence of a technical person would be better for the accuracy of garments measurement.
- Here, apparel should be laid fully flat and tension free before garment measurement.
- All types of creases (without crinkle type fabric) and wrinkles should be removed from the garments.
- Before garments measurement, a good quality measurement tape should be ensured. Here, the rounded metal end of the measurement tape is used for taking horizontal measurements and long metal end is used for taking vertical measurements.
- An expert person is needed to take necessary measurements of apparel.
- The person who gives the measurement should stand straight.
- During garments measurement, a well fitted garment should be worn by the person who gives the measurement.
- During measuring the body parts, basic lines of the body has needed to take consideration.
- While taking girth measurements, a tape or cord have to keep parallel to the ground like waist, hip etc.
- It should be noted here that, accuracy of various measurements are totally depends on the accurate waistline location. Also add these measurements in the suggested amount of ease.
- The amount of ease needed varies according to the types of fabric used. Also, it noted here, that, more ease has needed in case of woven fabrics than knit fabric.
- To take more systematic measurement, a garments measurement sequence or flow chart should be followed.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]