10 Requirements of Fabric Spreading
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: may[email protected]
In readymade garments sector, fabric spreading is one of the important tasks. To get fault free cutting fabrics from cutting section, accurate fabric spreading has great importance in apparel manufacturing industry. There are some key requirements which help to get desired quality cutting fabrics from cutting section are explained in this article.
Different Requirements of Fabric Spreading:
There are a few requirements of fabric spreading which are mentioned in the below:
- Alignment of fabric ply,
- Correct ply tension,
- Fabric must be flat,
- Elimination of fabric flaws or defects,
- Correct ply direction and lay stability,
- Elimination of static electricity,
- Easy separation of the cut lay into bundles,
- Avoidance of fusion of plies during cutting,
- Avoidance of distortion in spreading,
- Matching the checks and stripes.
All the above points have discussed in the following:
1. Alignment of fabric ply:
2. Correct ply tension:
3. Fabric must be flat:
All plies must be spread in flat form during fabric spreading. Otherwise different types of faults such as crinkle and crease produced during fabric cutting.
4. Elimination of fabric flaws or defects:
During fabric spreading, different types of fabric faults may be identified which must be avoided here by marking.
5. Correct ply direction and lay stability:
In fabric spreading time, all plies must be spread at the same direction (such as all faces up or all faces down or face to face) and from one end of the table.
6. Elimination of static electricity:
During fabric spreading, static electricity may produce which should be eliminated by arranging synthetic fabrics earthing in the spreading table.
7. Easy separation of the cut lay into bundles:
The size of the cut lay into bundles of fabric depends on the height of fabric lays. Sometimes, displacing icon is used to prevent shade variation during fabric spreading.
8. Avoidance of fusion of plies during cutting:
In case of synthetic fabric spreading, anti fusion paper needed to be used between the plies to reduce the fusion between fabric and knives. Normally for every 30-40 plies needs one anti fusion paper.
9. Avoidance of distortion in spreading:
10. Matching the checks and stripes:
In case of stripe or check fabric spreading, stripe line or check line should be kept at uniform distance from one end of fabric to another.