Duties and Responsibilities of Sampling Department in Readymade Garment Industry
Sampling Department in Garment Factory:
Sampling department plays a significant role to achieve a garment export order for the factory. It is the main section for any garment manufacturing factory. As its importance, this article has presented the various important duties and responsibilities of sample department.
Responsibilities of Sampling Department in Apparel Industry:
Sample department of apparel manufacturing industry has to maintain the below responsibilities:
- Getting clarifications about style details from the merchandiser,
- Checking pattern’s work-ability,
- Preparation of different samples and getting the buyer’s approval,
- Informing quality related problems, encountered during preparing samples to QC,
- Minimizing operations and consumption.
All the above responsibilities have explained in the following:
1. Getting clarifications about style details from the merchandiser:
It is the first task of any kinds of garment sample department. Here, the responsible person has to know about the details of sample from the garment merchandiser. In this stage, apparel merchandiser explains various important matters related with sample garment to the sample department personnel such as style, size, color, fabrication, washing, embroidery etc.
2. Checking pattern’s work-ability:
After receiving all the information’s of sample garment, here sample department personnel has to cut the pattern paper according to the buyers instruction which he received from the apparel merchandiser.
3. Preparation of different samples and getting the buyer’s approval:
Fabric has to cut here according to the definite pattern and sewing the garments by maintaining buyer’s instruction. Others instruction also maintained here such as wash, embroidery, print etc. Finally it’s sent to the buyer for approval. In this way, various types of samples such as proto sample, fit sample, photo shoot sample, salesman sample, size set sample, top sample, shipment sample etc. are made here.
4. Informing quality related problems, encountered during preparing samples to QC:
It is one of the most important tasks of any sampling department. If found any problems during making the sample then it should be informed to the quality controller (QC) instantly. After that, quality controller will take necessary steps to solve those problems.
5. Minimizing operations and consumption:
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]