Definition of Process Control | Definition of Product Control | Importance of Process and Product Control in Textile Sector
Process Control and Product Control in Textile Industry:
The testing of fibre is not so important when dealing with MMF, because they are supplied to customers’ requirements and their properties including length, color and fineness. But in the other cases, all the testing is so important to achieve desired quality product. The required quality can be achieved by controlling process control and product control which have discussed in this article.
What is Process Control in Textile Industry?
The exact utilization of all the raw materials and auxiliaries needed to achieve targeted quality product is known as process control.
In textile industry, we have used different types of process from the growing stage to ultimate stage of a finished product. Those processes are spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, finishing etc. These processes have to control for achieving desired quality product. In the below, I have presented various changing parameter for each process of a product.
Yarn Manufacturing Process:
- In case of yarn manufacturing process, end breakage should be controlled by controlling weight per lap length, sliver length, roving length or yarn length.
- Weaving process should be controlled the excessive breakage of warp and weft yarn, EPI and design.
- Dyeing process should be controlled by M: L, PH, Temp, and Pressure.
- Finishing process controlled by softness.
What is Product Control in Textile Industry?
The proper utilization of all the processes required to achieve desired quality product is termed as process control.
The end product of process should full fill to achieve the desired quality product.
- In case of spinning process → Yarn: count, twist.
- In case of weaving process → Fabric: EPI, PPI, shrinkage.
- In case of dyeing process → Color matching, various fastness properties.
- In case of finishing process → Finished fabrics, softness.
S M Hossen Uzzal
Planning Executive at Modele De Capital Ind. Ltd.
Narayanganj, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]