Precautions Should Take Before Garment Dyeing
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]
Garments made from cotton grey fabrics which are dyed in garments form in the garments dyeing machine. Before garments dyeing, some precautions are needed to avoid dyeing problems that may occur during garments dyeing.
You may follow Factors of Dyeing Cost | Dyeing Cost in Bangladesh
Precautions Should Be Taken Before Garment Dyeing:
Precautions to be taken before Garments Dyeing
Precautions Before Garments Dyeing:
All the precautions which are significantly followed before garment dyeing have mentioned in the below:
- Garments design should be made from engineering point of view.
- If garment is made after de-sizing, scouring and bleaching of grey fabrics and then dyed in garments form. Possibility of problems will be decreased there.
- If possible apparel should be made from the grey fabrics of the same lot and same source.
- The seams should not be too tight or too loose especially in the areas containing elastic like waist-band, cuff etc which may create irregular dye penetration resulting irregular dyeing.
- The apparel which are produced from knitted and woven fabrics combindly. Then, the knit fabric must be pre-shrunken there; otherwise seam pucker may develop after garments dyeing.
- If the fabric of apparel is of mixed fibres, during garments dyeing, dye selection must be done carefully to avoid irregular dyeing.
- Low quality metals should not be used as trimmings in the apparel which may be damaged during dyeing by the action of salt and alkali. If any metal component is used in the apparel, those should be made from nickel or its alloy.
- Sewing thread used for making the garment should be of same fibre like the garment fabric. Otherwise color difference may occur between garments fabric and sewing thread.
- Buttons used in the garments should be selected carefully. Buttons made from casein, cellulose, nylon etc. may be damaged during garments dyeing but polyester button is safe in this respect.
- If elastic is used in the garments and the elastic is made from natural rubber or polyurethane fibre like lycra may create problem during garment dyeing. To avoid such problems dye should be selected made of copper free. During bleaching, polyurethane fibres may be damaged by the chlorine. Polyester type elastomeric fibre is safe in peroxide bleaching.
- Interlining is used in most of the apparel. Those types of interlinings should be used in the apparel to be dyed only recommended for garments dyeing. Otherwise the performance of interlining may be destroyed.
- The apparel made from compactly woven cotton fabric should be dyed with hot brand reactive dyes. If it’s not then problem of irregular dye penetration may happen there.
- For some definite color, if definite dyes are used there then the dyeing cost will be lower. Example, navy-blue and black color can be produced in the apparel by using sulpher dyes at very low cost.
- Presence of mineral impurities in the cotton fibres can make difference which can impede the stability of peroxide liquor during bleaching with the hydrogen peroxide even insoluble compounds may form during hydrogen peroxide bleaching. These types of insoluble compounds can redeposit on the garments fabric resulting spots on the fabric. Special types of chemicals are available to avoid such kinds of problems.
- Crease mark may develop in the cotton garments during garment dyeing. To avoid such problems, special chemicals like “Imacol brand” may be used.