List of Defects Found in Sewing Section
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]
Sewing is the process of attaching two fabric parts by using stitches which is made with a needle and thread. Sewing is one of the basic steps of garments manufacturing process. Also sewing section is the most significant section of a ready-made garments industry. Different types of faults or defects arise in sewing section which should be reduced to maintain the required quality of apparel. As its importance, this article has shown all the defects which produced in sewing section of garments manufacturing factory.
Types of Defects Found in Sewing Section:
The following are the defects should be identified and must be made defect free in the sewing section:
- Needle damage: for example, thread drawn-off from the fabric or making of large hole to the fabrics.
- Skipped stitch.
- Thread drawn-off.
- Seam puckering.
- Wrong stitch density.
- Uneven stitch.
- Staggered stitch.
- Defected stitch.
- Oil spot or stain.
- Uneven width.
- Uneven seam line.
- Not secured by back stitch.
- No matching of check or stripe.
- No matching of seam.
- Unexpected materials are attached with the sewing.
- Not sewn by matching face side or back side of fabrics.
- Use of wrong stitch type.
- Wrong shade matching of sewing thread.
- Defected finished components by size i.e. imperfect size and shape of finished components.
- Imperfect garments size.
- Use of wrong ticket.
- Missing of any parts or predetermined design of garments.
- Imperfect alignment of components i.e. button, hook, and so on) in proper place.
- Wrong placing or creasing of interlining.
- Looseness or tightness of interlining.
- Folding of any parts of garments that is seen to bad appearance.
- Shade variation of garments.
- False direction of fabric parts in the garments.
- Imperfect matching of trimmings in the garments.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article with full concentration then you can easily answer the below questions in the interview:
- Mention different types of faults produced in sewing section.
- Point out the major faults found in sewing section of garments factory.
- List of sewing defects produced in sewing section of RMG industry.
- List of seaming defects produced in sewing section of apparel industry.