Key Factors of Marker Making
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]
Marker has too much importance in readymade garments sector. During garments manufacturing, marker helps to cut the fabric by reducing fabric wastage. It also helps to achieve higher profit from a garment export order. But there are some factors which must be followed during marker making. Those key factors have mentioned in this article perfectly.
What is Marker?
A marker is a thin paper which contains all the required pattern pieces for all the sizes for a particular style of garments. Marker gives special directions for completing the fabric cutting. Marker can be done both manually and computerized method.
In case of computerized method, all the required information’s are stored in the prefashioned data file, where an operator helps the computer to make the best choice.
Key Points of Marker Making:
Various key points which should be considered before marker making are pointed out in the below:
- During marker making it should be followed that fabric width must be higher than marker width (At least ½ inch).
- Fabric length must be higher than marker length (At least one inch).
- Marker width should be taken according to the fabric width and fabric spreading must be done by taking the guideline from the marker length.
- When garments pattern pieces are laid down on the layer of fabric, in that time the grain line must be parallel to the line of warp in a woven fabric and Wales in knitted fabric. It should be noted here that, when pattern pieces are laid down across the layers, then the line is kept parallel to the weft for woven fabric and course in knit fabric.
- All the pattern pieces of a garment should be along the same direction when laid down on an asymmetric fabric.
- During marker making, length of fabric cutting table should be considered.
- Plan for garments production should also be considered during marker making.
- During marker making, marker should be started with the large pattern pieces. Then fits the smaller pieces in the gap of larger pieces. In this way, fabric wastage is minimized and marker efficiency is also increased.
- In the last step of marker making, all the patterns are shuffled in various directions to reduce the marker length. It also helps to increase the marker efficiency.