How to Calculate Embroidery Thread Consumption in Apparel Industry?
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Email: [email protected]
Embroidery thread consumption calculation is not a tough task that we have normally seemed. There are so many garment merchandisers who still don’t know the correct calculation method of it. Every garment merchandisers should have clear idea about it. As its importance in readymade garments sector, today I will present here an easy method for calculating embroidery thread consumption in apparel industry.
Embroidery Thread Consumption Calculation System in Garments Industry:
Before calculating embroidery thread consumption, a garment merchandiser should have the clear idea about the following data:
- Stitch quantity in the embroidery design,
- Stitch length in the embroidery design (which depends on design and types of stitch),
- Length of thread in the cones.
Now, by using the below formula, a garment merchandiser can easily calculate the embroidery thread consumption in apparel industry.
Embroidery thread consumption for 1pc garment (No. of cone),
Now one example is enough to remove all the confusion from the above discussion.
Suppose, the buyer H&M provides you a knitted polo shirt (with embroidery) order (10000pcs), where the no. of stitch in the embroidery is 5000 and stitch length is 5mm, now calculate the embroidery thread consumption for the above polo shirt order.
Stitch quantity in the embroidery design = 5000,
Stitch length in the embroidery design = 5mm
Length of thread in the cone = 5000m (let).
Embroidery thread consumption for 1pc polo shirt (No. of cone),
So, for 1pc polo shirt, embroidery thread needed 0.001 cone.
For 10000pcs polo shirt, embroidery thread needed (0.001 × 10000) = 100 cones.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article with full concentration then you can easily answer the below questions in the interview:
- How to estimate embroidery thread consumption in garments industry?
- Mention an easy method for calculating embroidery thread consumption in apparel industry.
- Method of embroidery threads consumption calculation in garments industry.
- Describe embroidery threads consumption calculation method with example.