How to Approve Fabric Color From the Buyer?
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Fabric color approval is one of the important tasks garments merchandising. It should be done by the garment merchandiser after receiving a garment export order. To approve fabric color from the buyer, some procedures have to follow. Those procedures have discussed in this article.
You may follow What Types of Documents Required for Apparel Buyer?
Fabric Color Approval Method Followed in Apparel Industry:
In garments industry, fabric color can be approved from the buyer by following some procedures, those are pointed out in the below:
- Color suggested by the buyer,
- Lab dip should be done for the buyer’s selected color,
- Lab dip sent to the buyer for color approval.
All the above three processes have discussed in the following:
1. Color suggested by the buyer:
At the beginning of a garment export order, garment buyers send a garment specification sheet to the garment merchandiser which contains all the necessary information about the order. Fabric color also mentioned in that specification sheet as pantone number or pantone code.
2. Lab dip should be done for the buyer’s selected color:
It is the second stage for the fabric color approval procedure. After receiving garments specification sheet, the first duty of a garment merchandiser is to send the buyer’s selected color (pantone code) to the fabric dyeing and washing factory for completing lab dip. After completing lab dip, fabric dyeing and washing factory submit the required color lab dip to the garment merchandiser by grading A, B, C. it should be noted here that, three copy lab dip submission forms have to ready for each pantone number. One for the factory, one for the garment merchandiser and another one is for the buyer.
3. Lab dip sent to the buyer for color approval:
It’s the final stage for the fabric color approval procedure. Here, garment merchandiser sends all the required color lab dip to the buyer for approval. After checking all the lab dips, Garment buyers confirm the definite grade of color for his fabric and inform to the garment merchandiser.
In this way, fabric color is approved by the buyer for the garments production.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article attentively then you can easily answer the below questions in the interview:
- How to grant fabric color from the buyer?
- How to approve lab dip from the buyer?
- Fabric color approval method followed in readymade garments industry.
- Show a lab dip approval method.
- Mention all the procedures for lap dip approval.
- Mention fabric color approval procedure.